Where Are You, Passport?

'They came to the airport naked. They're like, 'Can I get on the plane? I don't want to show you where my passport is.'

Image Source,Photobucket Uploader Firefox Extension

photo from here

I am still waiting for my passport to be returned from the border agency. It's been more than 3 months now. First I couldn't care less, but now the inability to be able to leave the country when I want started to drive me a little crazy...

What can a passport do with an immigration service for the time of 3-6 months?

Well, let's see... here it is - I can imagine it waking up on a shelf one sunny day and travelling to someone's desk... Being looked at, pages turned, shown some ultra violet light maybe, put back on the desk, lifted again, given another look, compared to some creepy looking database, against some blacklists. Then I could imagine it waking up on another exciting day and travelling to some other desk and then maybe - if it's lucky - to even yet another one. But going forward I imagine my poor passport's life would get pretty ...boooring.

- waking up on someone's desk one sunny morning...
- waking up on someone's desk...
- waking up on someone's desk...
- waking up on someone's desk...
- waking up on someone's desk...

... +

But like that for 6 months.....?

Just recently I became a fan of passport jokes and even this.


2 comments:

renilde said...

A bit of :( ?? and a smile x

Paralelo Longe said...

I'm sorry Olga that it has been taking so much time to get your passport back. There's not a clear explanation why that's happening. Hope you can see it positively and take the most of it, travelling around the country side in the U.K. which is beautiful special in this time of the year.
Hope, by the Summer, that your pass will be in your possession.
Hugs my dear friend, TI